*Psychic Medium *Angel Messenger *Energy Healer *Spiritual Teacher
Helping Parents Heal
Connecting with Our Children in Spirit
I was deeply honored to bring through spirit messages at the March 20th meeting of Helping Parents Heal in Phoenix. The love and strength that filled the room was beyond measure. As a medium, I am always a little nervous before each reading. That might sounds strange, but I take my job very seriously. My intention is to bring through information that brings healing to whomever I am speaking with. I understand that the pain is deep and I do my very best to bring forth validations. So I say my prayers and trust spirit to do its work.
The loved ones who came through brought beautiful messages. They answered questions about their passings and gave confirmations about the signs that they bring to parents. Some were apologetic and others were funny. Their personalities shined through and gave validations that they were truly present. From where our children now are, they understand what it is that we need, as well as the fact that they are the only ones who can provide it. Our loved ones are residing in bliss and hope to bring some peace and comfort to their families. They want to connect with us just as much as we want to connect with them. Even though they may have changed form, their love is as strong as ever.
My earthly calling as a medium is how my soul has chosen to help humanity. However, it is important to note that my gifts didn’t manifest until I became an adult. I believe that everyone has the ability to communicate with spirit. You do not have to be a special soul to do so. All that is necessary is the desire and willingness to learn how to use the gifts that already exist.
When you consciously decide to open your “channels”, your life can shift in miraculous ways. Ask spirit to guide you to the right information that will trigger your own awakening. There are many great books available on psychic development and channeling. Once you open, your life will never be the same as you grow on your spiritual path. Here are some things to consider when deciding to connect with spirit:
Make sure you are ready – It is a good idea to do a self-check to see how ready you are. Your emotions and grief could affect your ability to get messages. Sometimes receiving messages makes it too real and painful. Pause to go within and make sure you are truly ready. If you are not, that is ok. Spirit will wait as long as it takes.
Understanding ego – Our lower self loves to get in the way of communicating with spirit. Anytime we doubt, believe in coincidences, or think it is just wishful thinking, our ego is in charge. If you wonder if a sign is from spirit, it is. Don’t give in to the ego.
Ask spirit to come talk to you – Your loved ones want to communicate. They tend to speak to you in the language of energy. They will send messages through your intuition. This includes things you see, hear, feel, or know. Trust in your ability to receive and translate the energy of their messages.
Developing awareness – Be on the lookout for signs and acknowledge that they are from spirit. Signs come through the intuitive channels. It is a good idea to write down messages that you receive. You can look back over time and see how spirit sends you signs. This helps to develop your understanding of your loved one’s “language”.
One of my favorite tools to teach spirit communication is through automatic writing. This is an easy form of channeling that anyone can do. All that is required is a pencil, some paper, and quiet time.
- Find a quiet space and make sure that you will not be disturbed. Give yourself at least 20 minutes for this process the first time.
- Take out a piece of paper and a pencil/pen.
- In your mind, ask Archangel Michael and your loved one(s) to come into the room with you. Archangel Michael will help facilitate the conversation and create the connection with them.
- Take a few deep breaths and center your mind.
- When you are ready, simply take your paper and write “(Name of loved one), what would you like me to know?”
- Start to write down everything that comes into your awareness. It may come as thoughts, pictures, sounds, feelings, words, or a conversation. Keep writing until the information seems to stop.
- Ask another question and repeat the same process.
- When you are done, thank everyone for attending and providing the messages.
- Ask Archangel Michael to cut the cords and attachments that may have connected during this session.
- Read the information.
● When the information is coming through, don’t try to understand it. Your ego will be very happy to tell you that you are not really doing this, that you are making it up, that automatic writing is stupid, etc. However, if you just let it come through, then you can read it later.
● Release any preconceived ideas of what the process will be like. Channeling is different for everyone.
● If you receive just a little bit of information the first time, don’t judge it as a failure. It takes practice and the more you channel, the easier it will be. You may just get a picture and not a full conversation. This is perfectly normal and you will increase the messages as you practice.
● Create regular time to practice this skill. 10-20 minutes per session is plenty.
Opening your spiritual gifts can be a beautiful, lifelong journey. Most people don’t just “pop” open because it would be too disruptive to their lives. Allow yourself time to blossom into the full spirit being that you are. As you open up your intuition, insights and messages will show up in your everyday life and you will be able to notice them consistently. Your loved one is joined by a large team in spirit who help you along your life path. Call on them as often as you like, as you are never bothering any of them. Anything that brings you peace is of utmost importance to them. Once the choice is made to start this path, then you are well on your way to healing and living a spirit-guided life.